The Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation Story and Time line
Founded in 1995, The Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. Donations and services stay in Brevard County, serve local residents and are fully tax-deductible. With an annual operating budget of $3.2 million dollars and over 70 employees, the Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation provided 166,196 hours of adult day care, transported seniors 246,737 miles and provided 15,622 hours of in home respite. We touched many other families thru case management, caregiver education and support groups. Our organization is unique among other charitable organizations because over 90% of our revenue comes directly from services provided and not from fundraising.
- 1995 - Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation, Inc., Established
- 1997 - Melbourne Adult Day Care Center (Joe's Club) Facility opened
- 2001 - Micco Adult Day Day Care Center (Joe's Club) Facility opened
- 2006 - Titusville Adult Day Day Care Center (Joe's Club) Facility opened
- 2008 - Diversion (YourCareBrevard) program, established
- 2012 - 20th Anniversary of the ALZ BBQ & Car Drawing (held each year in May)
- 2013 - Long Term Managed Care Program (LTMC) established (Partner with Coventry Health Care
to provide Case Management, Day Care and Transportation to LTMC Clients)
- 2014 - Inaugural Cycle 4 Alzheimer's held in November
OUR VISION - All frail adults and caregivers will be safe, healthier and age with dignity.
OUR MISSION - To provide quality community and facility based services to frail adults and caregivers. An emphasis is placed on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Forms of Dementia (ADRD) through care management, adult Day Care, transportation, and home-based services.
CORE VALUES - Care, Compassion and Commitment